Imran is a seasoned professional with rich internal audit experience spanning over decades. He has worked for various multinationals, Big Four Firms and National & International corporates. Imran’s expertise encompasses all aspects of internal audit, risk management and advisory.
Imran is a proud winner of “Internal Audit Excellence Award” from ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales). He has spearheaded Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) implementation initiatives and have played a key role towards elevation of corporate governance practices. Imran continues to contribute towards profession as a subject matter expert and as a thought leader. He also serves/served various professional bodies in different capacities.
This includes serving as:
• President of Institute of Internal Auditors Vancouver Island Chapter, Canada
• Member of ACCA’s Global Forum for Audit & Assurance
• Member of ACFE’s Global Advisory Council
• Past Chairman of ACCA’s Members Advisory Committee
• Past President of ACFE’s (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) Chapter
• Member of Board of Directors of “Connections Place” – a global not-for-profit organization
His contributions towards the profession don’t go unnoticed and he gets invited as an expert speaker at various professional conferences & seminars world-wide. His recent speaking engagements include:
1) IIA Dubai, UAE National Conference 2020 – Dubai, UAE
2) IIA Canada Vancouver Island Chapter Event – 2020 -Victoria, Canada
3) IIA Canada’s National Conference – 2019 – Toronto, Canada
4) IIA’s International Conference of Internal Auditors – 2018 – Dubai, UAE
5) IIA’s International Conference of Internal Auditors – 2017 – Sydney, Australia