I am a CPA and CIA, receiving honourable mention for each of these certifications. I also have a masters degree in Public Administration from Queen’s University.
I have over 25 years of experience as an internal audit practitioner, including over a dozen years at the Chief Audit Executive level. I have served a range of Canadian federal organizations and a number of United Nations (UN) entities. Notably in 2015-2016 I was the internal audit advisory to a system wide review of the state of internal audit in the UN system.
I have shared my knowledge on a variety of topics at a number of internal audit professional events including:
• 2020 Canadian Accountability and Audit Foundation, Ottawa, Webinar panelist “Culture: a key feature of your next internal audit plan”
• 2018 IIA National Conference, Montreal, Speaker “Agile Audits in the Federal Public Sector”
• 2016 IIA National Conference, Halifax, Speaker “The evolving public sector internal audit landscape”
• 2016 IIA International Conference, New York, Speaker “Theory and Practice: Application of the Three Lines of Defense”
• 2015 IIA Ottawa Event, Speaker “Three Lines of Defense & Assurance Mapping”.