Sharon is a Senior Manager in the Digital Privacy, Regulatory, and Information Management practice at KPMG Canada.
Sharon helps organizations to understand their governance structure, organizational & compliance risks, and privacy risk posture. She also builds strategic plans to support large-scale digital transformation projects and helps organizations optimize their business solutions to ensure alignment with regulatory expectations, industry standards and best practices. Sharon also advises her clients with data breach investigations, remediates compliance orders and builds corporate compliance programs. She is a lawyer by training and is often sought out as a speaker on topics of risk management, digital privacy and innovation.
Speaking and other relevant experience includes:
– Speaker, GDPR and Algorithmic Risks, ISACA (December 2018).
– Roundtable Participant at MaRS Solution Labs on SmartCity and Data Trusts (November 2018).
– Speaker, Ethics and AI, Toronto Meetup (October 2018).
– Roundtable Participant at National Consultation on Canada’s Digital Strategy (September 2018).
– Speaker, Implications of the GDPR to Canadian Businesses, CIO Summit, IT World Canada (September 2018).
– Author, Getting to Know You: Privacy and Artificial Intelligence (July 2018), The Lawyer’s Daily.
– Author, Cryptocurrency and Cybersecurity: A Primer (Part 1 & 2) (November 2017), The Lawyer’s Daily.