Beyond Technical Skills: Strategies for Developing Internal Audit Teams of the Future
This topic is focused on the future of Internal Audit and relevant to leaders who want to innovate and consider new ways of hiring and training staff. Staff auditors will also benefit as the session covers tangible strategies that assist with professional development.
This session will focus on the folllowing objectives:
- Recognize ways in which building communication and relationship building skills contribute to success of an internal auditor
- Explore strategies a manager can use to build or enhance skills of their staff.
- Discuss the value of leveraging different backgrounds and experience when building an internal audit team.
- Identify ways to maximize training budgets including:
- Elements of an effective training plan
- Role of the manager in developing staff competency
- Value of content curation