Auditing Change: How to Survive & Thrive!
Having an effective role in change management is an opportunity for internal audit to move out of the back room and into the board room. Getting involved in the change and transformation agenda will enable internal audit to add value to the organization.
This session will cover the following:
- Ensuring the development of sound controls of a new $1.5 billion program called Ocean’s Protection Plan, a multi-department, multi-stakeholder and “nation-to-nation” partnership.
- Where does internal audit fit into this transformation/change agenda?
- Providing “real-time assurance” or “continuous auditing” – on governance, accountability, risk management, stakeholder engagement.
- Dashboard reporting versus “end of audit reporting”.
- Having a seat at the management table and toggling between that table and the independence of the audit team.