4.3 Your Organization is a Ransomware Target – Are You Ready?
The presentation will provide internal auditors with knowledge and practical tips to support their organization’s efforts to defend and respond to ransomware attacks. Topics to be explored will include, but not be limited to:
- What is ransomware?
- How does ransomware work?
- Who do cybercriminals target?
- Threat landscape
- Threat actors/motivations
- How to defend against ransomware threats
- Cyber defence planning
- Cyber security controls
- How to recover from ransomware
- Recovery process
- Internal audit’s role in enhancing organizational ransomware readiness
- Cybersecurity audits/reviews
- Use of cybersecurity simulations
- Practical tips for internal auditors